The GLHA is excited to announce that Jr. Mustang program is evolving to create consistency across both Purple and White. By doing this the GLHA has decided to move from two Mustang Chairs to one Mustang Chair. The GLHA is opening the application process up publicly and is looking for a qualified candidate to perform the duties of the Chairperson for the 2020-21 season. If you have the passion and commitment to lead one of the best minor hockey programs in the City of London, please review the role and expectations of the Chair position below. If this is of interest to you, see below to apply. If you have questions about the Chair position, please email Justin Hoffer.
The candidate will not be permitted to be a member of another board.
Applications are now being accepted for Chair position for the joint, White and Purple Mustang groups.
We are looking for the best possible candidates to lead the Mustangs and develop our players for the upcoming season/s.
The deadline for applications is Friday Dec. 20, 2019.
Persons who wish to apply are required to be able to do the following:
- The Chair needs to be knowledgeable about the policies and practices of not just the Junior Mustangs but the GLHA, Alliance Hockey, Ontario Hockey Federation, and Hockey Canada.
- From time to time the Chair is also called upon to represent the association and its partners as a spokesperson at functions or meetings.
- Provide support and supervision to committee members and coaches
- Oversee ethical and disciplinary challenges. This may mean making discipline decisions or finding a group to make the decisions.
- The Chairperson must co-ordinate the Committee to ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are in place for the effective management of the organization.
- The Chairperson must co-ordinate the coaches and other team staff to ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are in place for the effective management of the teams.
- Build and manage an effective committee team from the four corners of the city
- Assist in the designing and implementation of the committee’s goals and objectives
- Delegate on follow up on committee tasks
- Act on the directions of the committee members, parents, coaches, and players
- Act honestly and in good faith, exercise due care and diligence and not make improper use of the position
- Set up tryouts, find volunteers, set up checking clinic, review and make sure rosters and AP forms are complete
- Hold meetings for coaches and bench staff
- Be the liaison between the partner agencies
- Assist coaches throughout the season about all things hockey related (E.G. issues, education, etc)
- Mustang Chair will report to the GLHA(Consisting of the GLHA President, Bandits President, Oakridge Aeros President, North London Nationals President and West London President)
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER