The London Junior Mustangs Committee is looking for a qualified candidate to perform the duties of the Chairperson for the 2022-2023 season. If you have the passion and commitment to lead one of the best minor hockey programs in the City of London, please review the role and expectations of the Chair position listed in our below If you are interested or have questions about the Chair position please email Justin Hoffer. Applications can be submitted through our website - See Grey Banner on the front page of the GLHA Website .
Applications will be accepted until Dec 17, 2021 11:59 pm.
The following is what the committee is looking for from qualified applicants.
- the Chair needs to be knowledgeable about the policies and practices of not just the Junior Mustangs but the GLHA, Alliance Hockey, Ontario Hockey Federation, and Hockey Canada.
- From time to time the Chair is also called upon to represent the association and its partners as a spokesperson at functions or meetings.
- Provide support and supervision to committee members and coaches
- Oversee ethical and disciplinary challenges. This may mean making discipline decisions or finding a group to make the decisions.
- The Chairperson must co-ordinate the Committee to ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are in place for the effective management of the organization.
- The Chairperson must co-ordinate the coaches and other team staff to ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are in place for the effective management of the teams.
- Build and manage an effective committee team from the four corners of the city
- Assist in the designing and implementation of the committee’s goals and objectives
- Delegate on follow up on committee tasks
- Act on the directions of the committee members, parents, coaches, and players
- Act honestly and in good faith, exercise due care and diligence and not make improper use of the position
- Set up tryouts, find volunteers, set up checking clinic, review and make sure rosters and AP forms are complete
- Hold meetings for coaches and bench staff
- Be the liaison between the partner agencies
- Assist coaches throughout the season about all things hockey related (E.G. issues, education, etc)
- Mustang Chair will report to the GLHA(Consisting of the GLHA President, Bandits President, Oakridge Aeros President, North London Nationals President and West London President)